About this Roadmap
Alignment with the National and Global Development Agenda
This Roadmap aligns with and contributes to the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2017-2022, which:
- Creates the foundation for an inclusive, high-trust, resilient, and globally-competitive economy;
- Outlines strategies for the achievement of a long-term Ambisyon 2040: “Matatag, Maginhawa, at Panatag na Buhay” for all Filipinos; and
- Reinforces the Philippine commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
This roadmap specifically builds on the following strategies from PDP 2017-2022:
- Ensuring people-centered, clean, and efficient governance (PDP chapter 5) by shifting to e-government services, adopting transparent e-procurement processes, and improving the interoperability of gov’t systems;
- Expanding Economic Opportunities in Industry and Services through Trabaho and Negosyo (PDP chapter 9) through the engagement, education, and onboarding of MSMEs to e-commerce platforms that will give them access to additional income, services, and previously unreachable markets;
- Increasing the growth potential (PDP chapter 13 & 14) by leveraging on our internet-active population, and providing regulations & programs that support innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship; and
- Accelerating infrastructure development (PDP chapter 19), especially in transport, logistics, and telecommunications.
Lastly, in light of the Covid19 pandemic, and the government’s efforts to create programs and interventions to mitigate losses after ECQ, this roadmap contributes to:
- Educational reforms, specifically through the promotion of digital learning; and
- Ensuring the continuity of agriculture/food production and supply chain